Father of The Bride is a 2022 American romance comedy film directed by Mexican director Gaz Alazraki from a screenplay by Matt Lopez. Based on the 1949 novel of the same name by Edward Streeter, the film follow a father’s coming to grips with his daughter’s upcoming wedding. The film is produced by Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, and Paul Michael Perez under Plan B Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros Pictures and HBO MAX. It is the third film whose story is based on the same novel. The first film was released in 1950, remake in 1991, and another remake in 2022.
Where was Father of the Bride filmed?
Father of the Bride was filmed inside Atlanta, Georgia during June 2021. Filming began on 22 June 2021 and wrapped up later in the summer of same year. The cast and crew travelled across suitable backdrops in the capital city of Georgia to find the perfect places for shooting.
Igor Jadue-Lillo, the cinematographer shared some behind the scenes photos on the set while the shooting was ongoing. Moreover, Emilio Estefan and Gloria Estefan shared some pics on their official Instagram after the filming was wrapped in summer.
The home where Herrera family resides was recreated on a sound stage using an actual house, the home owner informed on Instagram that some filming of HBO MAX’s movie was done outside their house and it was such a fun experience.
Father of the Bride Cast
- Andy García as Billy Herrera
- Ana Fabrega as Vanessa
- Gloria Estefan as Ingrid Herrera
- Ruben Rabasa as Tio Walter
- Isabela Merced as Cora Herrera
- Chloe Fineman as Natalie Vance
- Pedro Damián as Hernan Castillo
- Adria Arjona as Sofia Herrera
- Diego Boneta as Adan Castillo
- Macarena Achaga as Julieta Castiilo
- Laura Harring as Marcela Castillo
- Marta Velasco as Caridad “Chi Chi” Gonzalez
- Ho-Kwan Tse as Huan
- Enrique Murciano as Junior
- Matt Walsh as Dr. Gary Saeger
- Sean Patrick Dawson as Junior Jr.
The movie centers around a father who is planning his daughter’s wedding. Previous versions of the movie focuses on father, Billy who disapproves her daughter Sofia’s at first but agrees later. While dealing with anxiety and stress to lose her child, Billy calms himself by assuring that his girl is growing up. However, the hilarious moments continue to happen.