Gentleman Jack is an history based TV series created and directed by Sally Wainwright that sets in the year 1832 inside Yorkshire. The story moves around a brilliant lady, Miss Anne Lister who left Hastings to take control over her uncle’s property in West Yorkshire. When she reached at the scene, she finds out that her family estate has a coal mine that is being stolen by two brothers. Then, she got involved with another woman. This documentary shows the secret life of lesbian relationships during the 1830s. Let’s find out when will season 2 of the Gentleman Jack is coming out?
Will there be Gentleman Jack Season 2?
Yes, Gentleman Jack season 2 is officially confirmed and the series is under production as per official twitter account of the historical show. The filming started on 16 July 2021 and if the shooting wrapped up around November 2021 then we can expect season 2 to be release around April 2022 on HBO and BBC One. There will be a total of 8 episodes in this season with an average running time of 55 minutes.
Who will cast in Gentleman Jack Season 2?
Whoever return or not, Suranne Jones will definitely return to reprise her role as Anne Lister with popular Peaky blinders star, Sophie Rundle as Ann Walker/ the lovely spouse of Miss Lister.
- Joe Armstrong as Samuel Washington, land steward for both Ann Walker and Anne Lister
- Amelia Bullmore as Eliza Priestley, wife of William Priestley
- Rosie Cavaliero as Elizabeth Cordingley
- Gemma Whelan as Marian Lister
- Gemma Jones as Aunt Anne Lister
- Timothy West as Capt. Jeremy Lister, Anne Lister’s father
- Tom Lewis as Thomas Sowden
- Stephanie Cole as Aunt Ann Walker
- George Costigan as James Holt
- Peter Davison as William Priestley, Ann Walker’s cousin
- Shaun Dooley as Jeremiah Rawson
- Vincent Franklin as Christopher Rawson who is a magistrate
- Lydia Leonard as Marianna Lawton
- Katherine Kelly as Elizabeth Sutherland
No official trailer or teaser has been revealed by the original platforms yet so it’s hard to predict what season 2 is holding. A trailer might be released in the middle of October 2021.
Gentleman Jack Season 2 Plot
Season 1 ended up with the marriage of Anne Lister with her female lover Ann Walker and the upcoming season will be focusing on the lifestyle and struggles of the two lesbian partners in Shibden Hall. This might not be easy for both of them to live together in the middle of narrow-minded society and people who spread the word among all places like fire in the woods. Sally Wainwright, the creator revealed in a recent interview that Ann Walker is stubborn and Ann Lister is powerhouse with all the money. Their combination can influence many and manipulate anyone. But it will be interesting to see the reactions of detractors and green eyes of the public.
What do you think will happen in Gentleman Jack Season 2 when Miss Lister and Walker marriage status becomes official in front of people?