Downtown Abbey Season 7 countdown is over as the latest installment of the series is happening in the form a film titled Downtown Abbey: New Era. Currently, there are six seasons available for the TV series with the last season premiering in 2015. The British drama TV series is created by Julian Fellowes and produced under Carnival Films and Masterpiece. It was first aired on ITV inside UK only on 26 Sep 2010, the show was delivered to the United States viewers by PBS on 9 Jan 2011 and become popular after that.
Downton Abbey Season 7 Release Date and Time
Downtown Abbey: A New Era film is set to release on 18 March 2022. The film was scheduled to release in cinemas on 22 Dec 2021 but was delayed due to the conflicting timing with Unbreakable Boy, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Matrix 4 etc. according to Variety. It serves as direct sequel to the 2019 film and will highlight the events that were supposed to happen in Downtown Abbey Season 7.
The film will be a must-watch for the viewers who have been waiting for a new season to the British drama series as it sets in the time of second World War right after the first movie that begins in 1925. Both the films have been written by Julian Fellowes along with all the seasons of Downton Abbey.
No doubt, the series is one of the most-watched royal series that become popular worldwide but some controversies keeps on pulling the show’s audience as the 3rd ep of fourth season was containing a scene of domestic violence. The scene was found so disturbing by the audience that UK’s iTV received 200 complaints regarding the rape scene. Also, the level of fans excitement fell down after 2016 that become one of the cause behind no Downton Abbey Season 7.
Who will Cast in Downtown Abbey?
- Robert James-Collier as Thomas Barron
- Laura Carmichael as Hexham lady Edith Crawley/Edith Pelham, Marchioness of Hexham
- Raquel Cassidy as Phyllis Baxter
- Hugh Bonneville as Robert Crawley, 7th Earl of Grantham
- Penelope Wilton as Isobel Grey, Lady Merton
- Jonathan Coy as George Murray
- Samantha Bond as Lady Rosamund Painswick
- Brendan Coyle as John Bates
- Grantham Dan Stevens as Matthew Crawley
- Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley/Talbot
- Jim Carter as Charles Carson
- Michael Fox as Andy Parker
- Joanne Froggatt as Anna Bates
- Kevin Doyle as Joseph Molesley
- Harry Hadden-Paton as Herbert “Bertie” Pelham, Marquess of Hexham
- Laura Haddock as Myrna Dalgleish
- Douglas Reith as Richard “Dickie” Grey, Lord Merton
- Sue Johnston as Miss Denker
- Phyllis Logan as Elsie Carson
- Imelda Staunton as Maud, Lady Bagshaw
- Elizabeth McGovern as Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham
- Sophie McShera as Daisy Parker
- Allen Leech as Tom Branson
- Tuppence Middleton as Lucy Branson
- Lesley Nicol as Beryl Patmore
- Maggie Smith as Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham
- Dominic West
- Nathalie Baye
- Hugh Dancy
Where to watch Downtown Abbey?
All six seasons of Downtown Abbey TV series are streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime, PBS, and Brit Box whereas the 2019 Downtown Abbey film is only streaming on Peacock TV. The latest Downtown Abbey: A New Era 2022 film will also be released on 2 May 2022 on Peacock after 45 days of theatrical release.
What to expect from Downtown Abbey Season 7?
The upcoming 2022 film of the Downtown Abbey will show the rise of aristocratic society inside the United Kingdom during 1950s. At the time of WW2, the population of aristocrats was much higher than is today and their decisions played a major role in shaping the society. They don’t rule by themselves but their status mattered a lot those days like the Crawley family.
However, the power comes with responsibilities and some of the higher status people will misuse their power for sure to satisfy their own pleasure. The servants and maids will suffer from their own clashes to find a better place to live while facing the oppression of society like Carnival Row Season 2 which is also expected to arrive this year.
Don’t worry if a new season happen or not because new shows arrived almost every month with new excitement.
- Cold Meat Movie Where to Watch? Is it streaming on Netflix? - February 25, 2024
- Where was Ordinary Angels filmed? See All Locations & Cast - February 24, 2024
- Is Ordinary Angels on Netflix or Amazon Prime? Movie Review - February 24, 2024