Samaritan is an American superhero action film directed by Julius Avery from the screenplay written by Bragi F Schut.
Based on the Mythos Comics graphics novels of the same name by Bragi F Schut, Marc Olivent, and Renzo Podesta, the 2022 film follows a young boy who embarks on a journey to meet a superhero who have gone missing after a huge battle.
The movie is produced by Sylvester Stallone and Braden Aftergood under Metro Goldwyn Mayer and Balboa Productions for Amazon Studios and United Artists.
Where was Samaritan(2022) filmed?
Samaritan was filmed in Atlanta, Georgia inside the United States during the Covid-19 pandemic outbreak. Filming began in February 2020 and wrapped up around November 2020 following all the social distancing norms and precautionary measures.
Due to the outbreak of coronavirus all across the US, the shooting was paused in March 2020 and the crew didn’t return on the set until September 2020. Most of the filming took place in the downtown region of Atlanta.
Atlanta is also the capital city of the US state of Georgia which is known for its studios and distinctive topography. The place located on the foothills of Appalachian Mountains and offers lots of beautiful places.
Also, this place serves as the main shooting location for various hit movies and TV series like LOKI, Ms Marvel, DMZ, Father of the Bride 2022, The Lost City, Table Wars, First Kill, Joe Millionaire, etc.
Even though, most of the TV shows and movies are filmed in the Atlanta Studios, the exteriors of the Walden Building located at 28 Jesse Hill Jr Drive Northeast and Auburn Avenue were utilized for the filming purposes of Samaritan movie.
Moreover, MGM studios of Fulton Country, Atlanta was used to shoot some of the interior scenes. Javon Walton shared the photos on his Instagram while the filming was ongoing in September 2020. The actor clicked the pics with the stunt dudes and shared his experience with positive vibes.
- Sylvester Stallone as Joe
- Javon ‘Wanna’ Walton as Sam Cleary
- Pilou Asbæk as Cyrus
- Dascha Polanco as Tiffany Cleary
- Abraham Clinkscales as Jace
- Shameik Moore as Devin Holloway
- Frederick Williams as Chris
- Kevin Mikal Curry as Omar (as Kevin Curry)
- Roger Payano as Pete
- Anthony Neves as Large Man
- Sophia Tatum as Sil
- Moises Arias as Reza
- Patrick Lamont Jr. as Onlooker (as Patrick Lamont)
- Andrew Ayala as Cop (Police Impound)
- Jared Odrick as Farshad
- Dwayne A. Thomas as Willis (as Dwayne Alistair Thomas)
- Aria Seymore as Little Girl
- Martin Starr as Albert Casler
- Nicholas Logan as Beaten Cop (Junk Yard)
- Henry G. Sanders as Arthur Holloway
- Michael Aaron Milligan as Tuna
- Jaime Andrews as News Reporter
- Shariff Earp as Bus Thug
- Milli M. as News Reporter (as Milli M)
- Drew Matthews as Cop (Junk Yard)
- Diane Oxford as Mrs. White
- John Rymer as Jerry Grumman (as John Rymer III)
- Ritchie Montgomery as Cashier
- Vinnie Coppola as Manager (Apartment Complex)
- Janice Wesley as Elderly Woman (Bus) (as Janice Miley Wesley)
- Joe Knezevich as Truth Speak Host
- Ryan Dinning as Joey
- Tommy Campbell as Sanitation Worker
- Brice Anthony Heller as Bus Thug
- Priscilla Alarcon as Key Protester
- Aleks Alifirenko Jr. as Homeless
- Paul Ryden as News Anchor
- Shane Berengue as Granite City Electric Worker
- Gloria Bishop as Homeless Person
- Maximo Duran as Worker
- Steven C Hamilton as Riot Goon
Since the film is inspired by Unbreakable(2000) and Finding Forrester(2000), it follows a similar heroic storyline. The movie begins with a 13 year old Sam who doubts that his neighbor uncle Mr. Smith is a superhero who went missing while fighting against evil Nemesis who was creating havoc in the Samaritan City.