The Bombardment is a 2022 war history drama directed and written by Danish filmmaker Ole Borndahl that sets in the World War 2 period when British Royal bombing on Copenhagen accidentally targeted a school full of students. More than 120 people were killed in the UK Air Force attack, out of which 86 were children. The film is produced under Miso Film Productions and distributed by Netflix, the film is rated 7.8/10 on IMDb, and received 92% audience score on RT.
The Bombardment Cast
- Alex Høgh Andersen as Frederik
- Fanny Bornedal as Teresa
- Danica Curcic as Rigmor’s Mother
- Susse Wold as Prioress
- Olaf Johannessen as Fire Chief
- Caspar Phillipson as Embry
- Morten Suurballe as Doctor
- Patricia Schumann as Directress
- Jens Sætter-Lassen as Prisoner 1
- Mads Hjulmand as Soldier
- Rikke Louise Andersson Rikke as Frederik’s Mother
- Maria Rossing as Henry’s Mother
- James Tarpey as Andy
- Michael Pitthan as Greta’s Father
- Jaromír Nosek as Adjutant
- Mads Riisom as Rigmor’s Father
- Bertram Bisgaard Enevoldsen as Henry
- Dana Abed as Genan
- Stepánka Fingerhutová as Bridesmaid 2
- Alex Figueiredo as Navigator
- Joen Højerslev as Fængselsindsat
- Malene Beltoft Olsen as Eva’s Mother
- Nicklas Søderberg Lundstrøm as Truelsen
- Casper Kjær Jensen as Svend Nielsen
- Ester Birch as Rigmor
- Kristian Ibler as Eva’s Father
- Mathias Flint as Executioner
- Ella Josephine Lund Nilsson as Eva
- Malthe Jagd Miehe-Renard as Ambulance Medic
- Petr Meissel as Civil Servant
- Alban Lendorf as Peter
- Iva Sindelková as Mother
- Sebastian Jacques as Iredale
- Lukás Král as Fireman 1 (as Lukas Kral)
- Antonín Hardt as Taxi Driver
- Anna Ctvrtnícková as Bridesmaid 3
- Zdenek Pecha as Fireman 3
- Inge Sofie Skovbo as Sister Hanna
- Malena Lucia Lodahl as Greta
- Lenka Regulyová as Mother
- Zdenek Pechácek as Old German Sergeant
- Jan Brichcin as HIPO 2 (as Jan Brichcin Jr.)
- Amalia Mikalova as Bridesmaid 1
- Zbysek Humpolec as HIPO 1
- Marie Stripkova as Jenny’s Mother
- Ida Procter as Jenny
Is The Bombardment movie based on a true story?
Yes, the movie is based on a real story of WW2 which is not discussed often inside the United States. The true event happened in 1940s when Denmark was occupied by Germany. In 1940, Germany occupied Denmark and put the country under direct military control in 1943. After two years, effectively in 1945, the British bombing was done on a school which was supposed to happen on the Gestapo headquarters in Aarhus.
The mission proven to be successful at some extent as Operation Carthage resulted into the demolition of the military headquarters along with the end of Nazi activities. However, some part of the bombing missed the target and aimed at a school full of children.
It happened due to a miscalculation that damaged one of the plane’s wing that crashed into Jeanne d’Arc School. Due to this commotion, various other bombers in the second and third waves mistakenly shot the school as their target. The movie tells the true story of Copenhagen residents like The Unbreakable Boy tells about Logan.
Where was The Bombardment filmed?
The Bombardment movie was filmed inside Prague, Czech Republic. It was really hard to make the sets ready since the whole filming is done within Prague, which is the capital and also largest city of Czech Republic. The place is famous for its rich history and it was once known as the capital of Kingdom of Bohemia.
The Bombardment 2022 movie follows several Copenhagen residents who were unwillingly become the part of WWII because of a miscalculation by British Royal Air Force in 1945. Many of the children were killed in the tragedy while most of them fainted while witnessing the deadly incident. This movie shows how these innocent people lives were affected and how the unimaginable tragedy took place on their land.